Tuesday 2 March 2010

I had too much (too little) to dream last night...


...as the Electric Prunes once sang (but without the 'too little' bit).

Yesterday I delivered the hoover back to my sister-in-law's via bus. Her boyfriend and I then had a nice chat over a cuppa and a jammy donut. Not had one of those in ages. A jammy donut, not a chat.

The subject of dreams came up and it occurred to me that it'd be a good idea to use this blog to record mine when I remember them, as they are often a bit odd, very odd, or just plain weird.

Alas, I don't remember dreaming ANYTHING last night, which kind of wrecks my plans initially. I hope to be able to report back with all manner of wild tales in future though. Although maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself here and crushing the dreamy part of my brain into oblivion? Who knows.

-------------------------------

In other news, it's back to work today for l'il ol' me, possibly with a couple of hours overtime afterwards and tomorrow and the next day. I've got a big boring job that I want to get finished by Friday, but might not quite have time... we'll see. It'd help if people at my work actually told me what they really wanted in the first place. My job is crap and I hope I can leave soon, but this may be wishful thinking. We Kapows are b-r-o-k-e.

In the meantime, here's a list of five brilliant but oft-underappreciated soul/rhythm 'n' blues tunes (WITH LINKS! Ain't I good to y'all):

(1) (Don't Mess Up A) Good Thing - Fontella Bass & Bobby McClure
(2) It's Alright - Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions
(3) Ride Your Pony - Lee Dorsey
(4) Um Bow Bow - The Bobbettes
(5) The Boy From New York City - The Ad Libs

No comments:

Post a Comment